This annual award was established to recognize and honor an individual or individuals who have demonstrated a continued standard of excellence in community service, over a significant period of years, in the Desert Foothills community.
Quail Award recipients reflect dedication to improving the quality of life in our community through their leadership and unselfish volunteer service.
The Quail Award, a bronzed Gambels quail commissioned by local artist Thelma Casanova, was first presented in 1991.
Pam DiPietro 2011-2012 Quail Award Winner
Food bank director Pam DiPietro was awarded the 2012 Quail Award for her outstanding community service.
Pam exemplifies that community spirit as she volunteers with the Cave Creek Museum, Soroptomists of Carefree, Kiwanis, Our Lady of Joy, FCF, and especially the towns of Carefree and Cave Creek. There are very few events where Pam is not seen sharing her happy smile and infectious laughter. As director of the Foothills Food Bank, she has led the Adopt-A-Family as well as reaching out to a client base which has grown by 231%.
A big congratulations to Pam DiPietro and a heartfelt “thank you” for all you do!
Quail Award Winners
- 2011-2012: Pam DiPietro
- 2010-2011: Bill & Paula Scully
- 2009-2010: Bob Hutson
- 2008-2009: Joanne Gemmill
- 2007-2008: Bill Berman
- 2006-2007: Paul “Buzz” Schilling
- 2005-2006: Marge and Marv Walker
- 2004-2005: Jim Reed
- 2003-2004: Mayor Ed Morgan
- 2002-2003: Toby Payne
- 2001-2002: Margaret and Dick Stewart
- 2000-2001: Grace Schoonover
- 1999-2000: Kiwanis Club of Carefree
- 1998-1999: Dil Dilatush
- 1997-1998: Chris and Steve Warsaw
- 1996-1997: Charles Dunning
- 1995-1996: Dorothy McGinnis
- 1994-1995: Joyce Arent
- 1993-1994: Dave Rewick
- 1992-1993: Iveanne Scroggs and Dave Dennison
- 1991-1992: Caroline and John Bartol
- 1990-1991: Corky Cockburn and Chet Goldberg